Car Sharing is a vehicle used - and driven by - multiple people, shared. This is distinct from Ride Share, which includes traditional taxi companies as well as Uber and Lyft, where the car is driven only by an operator or owner. To clear that up for anyone confused - Uber and Lyft are not car-sharing, they are ride-sharing.
Car Sharing Services Operating In Grand Rapids
- Zipcar vehicles arrive in Grand Rapids, but with limited options, MLIVE, 2015-01
- This service, located near Crown Plaza (28th St) [Why?] is not longer available.
- Mayor George Heartwell wants Grand Rapids in car-sharing business, MLIVE, 2015-02
- Car share program coming, GRBJ, 2015-08
- It did not happen.
- Where 'car share' service may be available this fall in downtown Grand Rapids, MLIVE, 2015-08
- Could car sharing work in Grand Rapids?, MLIVE, 2018-03