Submitted by whitemice on Fri, 12/11/2015 - 07:40
- Grand Elk Railroad officially takes over operation of freight line Wednesday, MLIVE, 2009-03
- Florida company spends $40 million for Marquette Rail with track between Manistee and Grand Rapids, MLIVE, 2012-02
- Grooters puts rail on the table, GRBJ, 2015-09
- State updating 20-year transportation plan, GRBJ, 2015-12
- Fortune 100 company opens ag center, GRBJ, 2015-12
- Wayland, MI. 22 miles south of Grand Rapids, located on the Grand Elk railroad.
- "The center has 18,000-ton dry fertilizer storage capacity, liquid fertilizer blending and distribution capabilities with 4.4 million gallons of storage, a 100-car rail loop and a 20,000-square-foot crop protection and seed service center."
- The Andersons to expand Michigan ethanol plant, Progressive Railroading, 2015-12
- This facility is serviced for freight by the Norfolk Southern Railway along the Amtrak Wolverine corridor. Access to this corridor is primarily via the Norfolk Southern property operated as the Grand Elk Railroad (owned by Watco). The Grand Elk services Elkhart, Kalamazoo, and Grand Rapids.
- Cities eye land transfer as part of $15M project, GRBJ, 2016-04
- Freight railroads benefit Michigan’s economy, Detroit News, 2016-08
- Commerce derailed: Fight over 3.3 miles of railroad track hampers business in West Michigan, MiBIZ, 2016-10